Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Resort Leaders Winter
Resort Leaders Winter continues its operations as usual, no changes at the moment.
Resort Leaders Summer
Based on the current situation of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Resort Leaders have made the decision to pause all new applications for summer 2020 effective immediately. Any applications started before 17th March will be unaffected and can continue forward as normal. All new applications from 17th March 2020 will be deferred until further notice.
This decision has been made to allow us to provide our current applicants with the high standard of customer care and service we pride ourselves on.
Our partner resorts are continuing to operate and are excited to welcome Resort Leaders participants this summer, and as ever, we’re excited to support you on your summer of a lifetime.
The Resort Leaders team will be reaching out directly to every applicant over the coming days and weeks, to ensure that you are supported through this challenging global situation.
On March 13th the US Department of State announced the temporary pause of international exchange programs due to COVID-19. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) will temporarily pause all ECA funded programs. This has also been extended to privately funded programs which includes the Exchange Visitor Program, the visa on which the Camp Leaders program operates. This temporary pause is expected to last 60 days.
At Camp Leaders we will continue to work towards our May and June departures and expect there to be limited impact on travel to camp.
If you have a departure date that falls before May 11th 2020 our team will be directly in touch with you.
If you are not due to travel on or before May 11th we recommend that you wait before contacting us with coronavirus related queries to ensure we have the latest information available for your travel.
On March 11th President Trump signed a Presidential Proclamation which suspends the entry of most foreign nationals who have been in certain European countries at any point during the 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival to the United States.
This proclamation is expected to last 30 days and applies to the countries located in the Schengen area.
Travel from South America remains unaffected at this point, provided you have not travelled in a Schengen area in the last 14 days.
At Camp Leaders we will continue to work towards our May and June departures and expect there to be limited to no impact on travel to camp.
If you are currently in one of the areas affected and/or have a departure date that falls before the 11th April 2020 our team will be directly in touch with you.
If you are not due to travel in the near future we recommend that you wait before contacting us with coronavirus related queries to ensure we have the latest information available for your travel.
Resort Leaders are committed to the welfare and safety of our participants and have been monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely.
We are staying informed on WHO, CDC, Foreign Office and Public Health advisories as well updates from our US team, partners and camps. At this time based on the guidelines and information from the sources outlined above, the Resort Leaders programme will be going ahead as planned for summer 2020.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates if the situation is to change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Resort Leaders still going ahead for 2020?
Yes, the Resort Leaders programme is still going ahead. Any applications started after 17th March 2020 will be deferred until further notice.
Can I withdraw from the programme now because of the Coronavirus?
As the program is going ahead this summer the standard terms and conditions of your program agreement apply, including any eligibility for a refund.
Are the Resort Leaders Preparation Days still going ahead?
Yes, based on the advisories from the sources above the Camp Leaders Preparation Days will be going ahead as scheduled