Claim back your Tax

Back to Help & Support


Living your own “American dream” is very exciting and your tax affairs are probably the last thing on your mind while being in USA on a J1 visa. But wouldn’t it be great if your amazing US adventure could give you not only lifetime memories, but a serious boost to your budget?

US taxes

As part of the US tax legislation, everyone who works in the USA on J1 Visa is required to file a tax return; and could be entitled to get some of the overpaid tax back.

Understanding the complicated US tax return procedures can be quite confusing and a time - consuming process for most people, we recommend you get the help of an authorized tax agent as is a global company helping thousands of students claim their US tax refunds and stay fully compliant with tax laws each year. Their team of experts will take care of the entire process and make sure you get the maximum legal refund you’re due.

Where to start

All you need to do to apply for your refund is to fill in the blue registration form and the team will get in touch to provide you with further information.


Quick tax facts

  • You must file your US tax return by April 15th of the following year
  • You can apply for federal, state and local tax, plus a FICA
  • If you’ve lost your documents, can get replacements
  • The average US tax refund is $800


Back to Help & Support