Claiming Insurance

Back to Help & Support


As part of the Summer Work Resort Program, we offer you 90 days medical insurance to cover you when you're in America.


Claiming insurance when you need it most can be a complicated and stressful process, especially when you're in another country. At Resort Leaders we aim to banish all stresses and worries by offering a simple and straight forward process. Here are some of the most asked questions for our insurance plan for you to browse. If you have a specific question, please contact the team directly. 

Why do I need insurance?
In America, the cost of medical treatment is extremely expensive. As such, we provide you with 90 days medical insurance to ensure that if you need treatment, you can have peace of mind knowing you are covered. The cost of insurance is an additional £80. We believe we offer the most cost effective Medical Insurance best suited for this program. If you can find a cheaper option, we'll price match you the difference.
When do I sign up for my insurance?
Once your flights are booked and these details are uploaded onto your profile, your insurance information will become available to you. Your insurance dates will reflect your fligth dates so that you are fully covered for your time in America.
What does the insurance cover?
Once you set up your insurance account, all policy information will be available to you. Our insurance covers up to $250,000 in medical costs. We also give you the option to upgrade your insurance so that it covers up to $2,000,000.
Are pre-existing medical conditions covered?
Unfortunately, our insurance provider, United Health Care, is unable to insure you for pre-existing conditions. In this case, you will need to take out additional coverage with a different provider to make sure you are covered in the event you need medical treatment for this condition.
What happens if I am staying in America longer than 90 days?
If you are staying in America longer than 90 days, you must extend your insurance policy so you are covered for your entire duration in America. With the summer program, if you are hoping to use your 30 day travel period, will need to extend your insurance for a small fee. If you are an applicant on our ITP program and staying for up to 12 months, you will need to extend your policy through our insurance providers. This is also explained in our Third Party Costs.
What is a deductible?
The deductible, or excess, is a small fee which must be paid to the medical provider upon treatment, before the insurance company will pay additional costs. For our policy, the excess is $100. If you choose to upgrade your policy, the deductible decreases to $50.
Can I receive treatment in any facility?
No, our insurance provider works with thousands of hospitals/urgent clinics/surgeries, and you will need to receive your treatment in one of these facilities. All you need to do is log into your insurance account, click on Provider Search, and use your Resort's zip code to find the nearest facility to you. Please note that you should never go to an Emergency Room unless it is an emergency, or you will be fined.
What is my ID card?
You must carry your ID card with you at all times. This will have all of your important insurance information, such as policy number, which will need to be given to the medical providor before you receive treatment. We strongly recommend you print several copies, one to keep at your Resort, and a copy to keep in your wallet during your time off..
How do I make a claim?
Making a claim is very simple! All you need to do is log into your insurance account, click on Services & Claims, and select 'File a Claim'. Simply follow the steps, complete an online claim form, and submit. Make sure to keep all copies of receipts/paperwork which you receive upon treatment and attach them to your claim form. You will have 30 days to claim, so it is important to get this organized quickly after your treatment.
What is Worker's Compensation?
Worker's Compensation is the insurance provider by your employer. If you are injured as a direct result of your job in the Resort, your treatment will be covered by Worker's Compensation. This means you will not have to contribute to an excess or make a claim yourself.


Back to Help & Support