Boar's Head Resort
Welcome to the club.
About the resort
Situated in the quaint hometown of Thomas Jefferson – one of America’s founding fathers – the town of Charlottesville has all the amenities of a larger destination including vibrant nightlife, a host of local breweries and wineries, abundant outdoor recreational opportunities and a direct link to the University of Virginia and all of its sporting and cultural events.
Nestled at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Boar’s Head Resort invites you to explore, unwind and adventure across our 600 acres of natural wonder.
Rich in history: Construction began in 1834, and former US president Thomas Jefferson often lived and vactioned here.
Unique funding: This resort has exceptionally close ties with the nearby University of Virginia, whose fund helps run the resort.
Hot air balloons: One of Charlotteville's main attractions is the iconic hot air ballon festival.
The Hotel is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia, only 2.5 hours from Washington DC.
Participants will fly into Washington Dulles International airport.
On your free time
If you've got a day off, you can entertain yourself with many different activities. :
- Monticello: The town was inhabited by Thomas Jefferson, who was the 3rd President of the United States from 1801 to 1809. His house has now been transformed into a museum that can be visited every day of the week for those interested, A great leisure activity to learn more about one of the country's most outstanding historical personalities.
- Historic Downtown Mall: The bustling downtown life combined with historic buildings The business center in the historic city center is the perfect place to spend your holidays. There are a total of 120 shops and 30 restaurants where family programs are organized.
- Charlottesville City Market: local produce is a real refreshment if you are interested in true American flavors. Here you can find everything from fresh vegetables to specialty produce. Such a visit is a perfect opportunity for you to feel at home and to get into the everyday lives of those who live there.
The resort hires for a variety of roles. The most popular jobs at this resort are:
- Back Waiter Our staffing needs are for resort workers who would fulfill a variety of roles: bussing and/or waiting tables, working a back waiter, or host around FB outlets.
- Lifeguard Maintain and organize guard equipment, constant surveillance of patrons, ability to handle guest relations in regards to pool rules
- Groundskeeper Participates in the planting, cultivating, pruning and caring for the plants, shrubs, and trees.