We’ve noticed you might be viewing our website from a different location. Visit your regional site for more relevant information and pricing.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Aktuální informace

Aktuality

Date: 31/03/20

At Resort Leaders, we know that the unprecedented global situation we all face is challenging every aspect of our day-to-day lives.

As a travel-based company, while it’s difficult for us to witness the world on lockdown, with social distancing and travel bans commonplace, we firmly believe in the measures being taken to ensure the safety and wellbeing of individuals, families and communities.

At this point, we wanted to take the time to update you on what is happening behind the scenes at Resort Leaders and Smaller Earth:

  • The Exchange Visitor Program, the visa on which the Resort Leaders program operates, is suspended until May 11th. All departure dates prior to this have been rearranged to later dates.
  • Our team, who are working remotely from their homes all across the globe, are continuing to work diligently alongside our American visa sponsors and partners to prepare for the upcoming summer. Our goal of providing a life changing summer experience has not changed, and our partners remain excited to welcome international staff.
  • Your start dates, travel arrangements, visa appointments and length of time at the resort, may change over the coming days and weeks as we navigate our way through this unprecedented situation. With this we ask that you continue to remain as positive, open and flexible as possible.
  • Due to the coronavirus outbreak we are operating with reduced levels of staff. This is having an impact on communication response times and capacity. We ask that anyone who is not due to travel in the near future help us by waiting for us to contact them first. Where possible please use our online help section and coronavirus FAQs (see below).
  • Our utmost priority is the safety of our participants, staff, and partners, and we will only facilitate travel if it is safe to do so. We are following the advice and information from the U.S Department of State, local government authorities, and our partner visa sponsors and partners.
  • As a precautionary measure, we are working on alternative plans for the unlikely instance that it is not safe for the program to go ahead. Further information will be released in the near future. As of now (31/03/20) the Resort Leaders program is still going ahead and standard program agreement terms apply.

Most importantly, we would like to thank our participants, partners and staff for their overwhelmingly positive response during these difficult times. We have received many positive messages via phone and email, as well as on our social media pages. Although the near future may be uncertain for us all, we are reminded that positivity, kindness, and cultural exchange are here to stay.

Date: 17/03/20

Based on the current situation of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Resort Leaders have made the decision to pause all new applications for summer 2020 effective immediately. Any applications started before 17th March will be unaffected and can continue forward as normal. All new applications from 17th March 2020 will be deferred until further notice.

This decision has been made to allow us to provide our current applicants with the high standard of customer care and service we pride ourselves on.

Our partner resorts are continuing to operate and are excited to welcome Resort Leaders participants this summer, and as ever, we’re excited to support you on your summer of a lifetime.

The Resort Leaders team will be reaching out directly to every applicant over the coming days and weeks, to ensure that you are supported through this challenging global situation.


Date: 13/03/20

On March 13th the US Department of State announced the temporary pause of international exchange programs due to COVID-19. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) will temporarily pause all ECA funded programs. This has also been extended to privately funded programs which includes the Exchange Visitor Program, the visa on which the Camp Leaders program operates. This temporary pause is expected to last 60 days.

At Camp Leaders we will continue to work towards our May and June departures and expect there to be limited impact on travel to camp.

If you have a departure date that falls before May 11th 2020 our team will be directly in touch with you.

If you are not due to travel on or before May 11th we recommend that you wait before contacting us with coronavirus related queries to ensure we have the latest information available for your travel.

Date: 12/03/20

On March 11th President Trump signed a Presidential Proclamation which suspends the entry of most foreign nationals who have been in certain European countries at any point during the 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival to the United States.

This proclamation is expected to last 30 days and applies to the countries located in the Schengen area.

At Camp Leaders we will continue to work towards our May and June departures and expect there to be limited to no impact on travel to camp.

If you have a departure date that falls before the 11th April 2020 our team will be directly in touch with you.

If you are not due to travel in the near future we recommend that you wait before contacting us with coronavirus related queries to ensure we have the latest information available for your travel.


Dne: 09/03/20

Resort Leaders pečlivě sleduje vývoj situace ohledně Coronavirus (COVID-19), protože naší prioritou je bezpečnost a zdraví našich ůčastníků.

Řídíme se doporučením WHO, CDC, Ministerstva zahraničí ČR a Ministerstva zdravotnictví ČR stejně jako pravidelnými konzultacemi s partnery v USA. Aktuálně podle všech doporučení a dostupných informací funguje program Resort Leaders podle plánu na léto 2020.

Situaci samozřejmě i nadále pečlivě sledujeme a v případě změny vás budeme informovat.

Nejčastější dotazy

Important: as this situation develops, these frequently asked questions may contain information that is no longer valid. We will update this page as we receive more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.

Updated: 12/03/20

Mohu se stále do programu Resort Leaders registrovat?

Ano přihlášky na léto 2020 jsou stále otevřeny.

Mohu nyní zrušit účast kvůli svým obavám z Coronavirus?

Jelikož je program stále otevřen podle plánu, vaše odstoupení od účasti v programu bude podle standardních smluvních podmínek a to včetně storno poplatků.

Proběhnou plánované předodletové orieantace (Prepdays) a Job Fair podle plánu?

Osobní Job Fair byli z preventivních důvodů změneny na virtuální/Skype. Předodletové orieantace (Prepdays) by měly proběhnout podle plánu.

How are decisions being made about the program?

We are staying informed on the latest advisories and recommendations made by relevant government, health, and travel agencies. These include:

  • The World Health Organization
  • The American government
  • The Foreign Office and Public Health authority of each participant's home country

We are also relying on the experience of our global head office in the UK, and our local office in the USA, as well as each of our partner camps.

What do I need to know about my upcoming visa interview?

Due to the coronavirus, the U.S. Embassies in Europe are operating on a minimal staffing policy. Currently, they are prioritising the cases of American citizens. All visa interviews are being delayed for 30 days and will need to be rescheduled. There is no further action required from you. We will contact you to reschedule your visa interview when we receive more information.

What if I or someone else contracts the virus during the program?

All medical issues at camp will utilize the camp’s well-being protocol. Each camp's protocol will be different, but will typically include access to the camp's health center, medical professionals, and the support of local health authorities.

If I contract coronavirus whilst on the program, will I be covered by the medical insurance?

Yes, you will receive regular insurance coverage, provided you were not diagnosed with Coronavirus before starting your trip. If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness before departure, we ask that you follow your local health authority's guidance.

What are my next steps?

At this point, based on the information we have received, applicants who are interested in the Camp Leaders programme should proceed with their applications as normal. Next steps may include booking visa appointments, submitting all necessary paperwork, and completing your profile.